But before we go back to our routine of album reviews and podcasts, we wanted to take some time to thank all the fine people that helped make Spanspek 2015 a success!
- First and foremost, thanks to all the people who attended this year! Your good vibes and appreciation keeps us going year after year.
- Thanks to Lance Canales & the Flood, Light Thieves, Tokyo Death March, Kooleidoscope & the Roach Collection, Basura, Waterbox Inc., St. X, The Gilligans, Jukebawks, Green Giant, & Nesto! You all put on great performances and we're excited to work with y'all again in the future!
- Thanks to Teresa Flores, Mychal Alva, Laura May, Carlos Lujan, College of the Sequoias Printworks, Bob Pero, Carlos Cisneros, Jermz Woodard, Christina Galang, Sloppy Stitches, Andrea Torres, Jose Guadalupe Garcia, Cecilia Carrillo, Steven Camacho Nunez, Carmen Solis, & Tudor Stanley for all the lovely work on display. This was by far the biggest group of artists we’ve ever had and you all were the shit!
- Thanks to Abigail Janzen for the amazing commission piece you provided for our festival. It’s a great addition to our little gallery and we look forward to showing it off every year!
- Thanks to Cecilia Carrillo for the great and scientific looking interactive art display you put on this year!
- Thanks to instructors Elise Whited and Jason Whited, and the Orosi High School Art Department students for another great exhibit. Special thanks as well to administrators Jason Trevino and Yolanda Valdez for facilitating the collaboration between Spanspek and the school.
- Thanks to volunteers Ricky Ramirez, Edward Baiza, Kayla Meza, & Reyes Partida for all the hard work! We literally couldn’t run this event without your help! Also thanks to Catalina Carrillo for babysitting!
- HUMONGOUS THANKS to our spouses/volunteers Crystal Flores and Catherine Carrillo for all the help, support, and extreme patience. We love you with all our hearts.
- Thanks to Ryan Adams, Ruben Martinez, and the Tulare County Arts Consortium for your generous donations! Also thanks to Ralph Alvarez for loaning your furniture for our Bar Stage lounge!
- Thanks to Caroline Koontz of the Arts Consortium for your time and patience with all our questions!
- Thanks to the Orosi Memorial Hall and District for providing a home for our festival.
- Thanks to the Smokin' Burrito for the delicious food!
- Thanks to Todd Bruce, Ciara Bruce, and Bubba Bruce (the lovely staff of Orange Cove's The Three Musketeers Bar) for running a great bar!
- Thanks to Cloud 9 Productions, Ronnie Taylor, and Todd Bruce for providing PA's for our various stages.
- Thanks to Nestor Celaya of Cabra Blanca Productions for the top notch videos you make every year for Spanspek! You help us look good and for that we’re forever grateful!
- Thank you to the various media outlets that helped up get the word out, including Jose Moran with Todo A Pulmon, Andrew "Ogre" Verissimo with the Local Music Revolution Podcast, Mike Seay of Flowing with Famous, Josh Tehee with the Fresno Bee and Flowing with Famous, Chris Dowdy of Longbox.fm and the Dirty Dowdy Podcast, Veronica Stumpf with That Fresno Blog, Zachary Newcott with the Visalia Times-Delta, and Jackson Moore with the Dinuba Sentinel.
- Thank you to the yard sale donations of the Peterson, Carrillo, Jones, and Flores Families. Your used cloths and knick knacks help us pay for shit!
- Thanks to the City of Dinuba for lending us some traffic cones so bands could park in peace!
- Thanks to Jeremy Thomas for printing our Spanspek shirts!
- Thanks to Jefferson Beavers for the support, kind words, and great advice!
- Thanks to Brevin Pretorius for being a great supporter and for helping us name our festival!
- Thanks to Brianna Calix for helping us with our press release!
- Thanks to Dulce Upfront and Love the Captive for spreading La Causa Spanspek on your various social medias! You make us feel like a real part of this great local music community!
And that’s it! Thank you to everyone! TIME TO REST!
Cristobal Carrillo and Israel Flores
October 30, 2015